Covid-19 and Cancer Resources
With the spread of COVID-19, cancer patients are more vulnerable than ever. We need your support to keep vital patient and caregiver resources available during this difficult time. Here’s what the American Cancer Society is doing right now to help:
PATIENT & FAMILY SERVICES
- 24/7 Cancer Helpline 80% of calls in March to 1-800-227-2345 and Live Chat were COVID-19 related.
- Reach To Recovery Peer-to-peer breast cancer support is now 100% phone-based
- Cancer.org Comprehensive cancer information
Personal Health Manager: Track diagnosis and treatment
Tender Loving Care® Help with appearancerelated side effects
Caregiver Video Series Support for caregivers
Patient Navigation Hospital-based patient services
- Cancer Information Videos Prevention to treatment and more
ACS CAN is working tirelessly to continue to advance our cancer-fighting mission through public policy during these trying times.
- Online Days of Action: Volunteers contacting legislators in support of state priorities
- Stimulus Packages: Ensuring the patient community and nonprofit sector are included, i.e. tax relief for charitable organizations.
- Policy Provisions: Critical funding for access to care, including funding for community health centers, increased federal Medicaid match to provided expanded health coverage for nation’s most vulnerable, and guaranteed coverage for COVID-19 testing.
As always, lifesaving cancer research continues, aiming to find more – and better – treatments, uncover factors that may cause cancer, and improve cancer patients’ quality of life.