Online Dental Visits: Connect with a dentist online
Online Dental Visits
- Starting June 1st, dental offices are allowed to reopen in NYC However, dentists can continue to provide online visits - Visit this website for a list of dentists who accept Medicaid, provide free dental care, or offer sliding scale payment options: https:/www.freedental.org/state/new_york
1) You need a smart device like an iPhone, tablet, or computer
2) Connect to a reliable internet connection
3) Contact your dentist to make an online appointment
4) Your dentist will send you the appointment link
5) Click on the link at the time of your appointment Need to find a provider? Visit https://findadentist.ada.org/ to find a dentist near you
*Tip: You can filter search results by type of insurance the dentist will accept
During an online visit, the dentist can: - Answer questions you have about your teeth and mouth - Determine if you need to visit the dentist in person - Prescribe medication, like antibiotics, if needed - Provide education about oral hygiene, diet, and other health topics
Here are 3 important questions to ask your dentist:
1. What is my main problem?
2. What should I do about it?
3. Why is it important to do this? Where can I go to see a dentist during the Coronavirus crisis?
This CBDPP program is supported by the HRSA of the U.S. Department of HHS as part of an award totaling $1,806,960 with 0 percentage financed with non-governmental sources. The contents are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement, by HRSA, HHS, or the U.S. Government. For